Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Thoughts on Death

DSCN0035
It seems to me that as we get older more and more people in our lives leave this world too soon.  Could it be I feel this because I know more and more people as I get older?  Or possibly because random things just happen and I have more experience as life goes on?

Regardless of the reason, each loss I experience does not make death easier to handle.

I just read this post from Heidi Swapp who lost her son earlier this month.  While I have not lost a child myself, I can relate to absolutely everything she writes about her feelings … the sadness … the emotion … the questions …

My Heart … Cory’s Story

………………………………………………………………
I can still feel the pain the first time someone told me there was an avalanche … and they can’t find Alan.

I still remember not understanding those words.

grandview2-13-10d
photo credit: ADN 2010.02.13 - http://www.cnfaic.org/accidents/avy021310.htm


I could not comprehend what it meant that Alan could not be found.  No one said that he was IN the avalanche.  No one told me that he might be dead.  He truly was one of the last people anyone thought this could happen to … 

I understand now that no one was able to say it themselves.  They didn’t want to be the one to utter the words out loud.  I still have a hard time saying it.  It’s easier to just say “my husband passed” … it sounds more “delicate”.

………………………………………………………………

As I write this post, the sun is shining outside, it is warm, my kids are playing with their friends, and life is truly good.  We are blessed.  We are thankful.  We have so much because of this man – this amazing person who truly lived life to the fullest.

And so I try to remember that we are blessed to have had him in our lives for as long as we did.

alan n boyz

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)