Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Today’s Anniversary

Do you know what anniversary this is?

IMG_3180

I didn’t either, but thanks to Google, I do now!

google

Today marks the 130th anniversary of France delivering the Statue of Liberty to the United States.

Check this out:

The Construction of the Statue of Liberty

I love that Google shares this information – what a great way to keep up with our history!

IMG_3181

In 2000, I had the privilege of visiting New York City for a few days after a software conference in New Jersey with my Alaska Accounting girls.  What an amazing experience.  I plan to take the boys to see the area when they are a couple years older, however the landscape has changed a bit since my visit. 

IMG_3179

This trip was quick, but we saw quite a few things in our short stay.  A large amount of history for our great nation is showcased on Ellis Island.  Even though I have visited, travel here is something that will remain on my bucket list for a while.  You simply cannot see it all in one or two visits.

Remember to document your life – life is worth living and remembering!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)