Saturday, May 25, 2013

Still Waiting

It’s Friday, May 24th … I’m still waiting to see if I can get Internet set up at the house.  A technician is here a I type this. I am crossing my fingers …

…………………………………………………

Okay … just spoke to the technician.  Apparently when my concrete was poured, the cable lines were not cared for appropriately (my words not his) and I cannot get service as of right now. 

There is something that is laying vertical and it should be horizontal (we get a lot of rain here – would easily access lines due to spout pointing UP) … that’s just one thing.  There are others I guess.  All sounds like a foreign language to me.

…………………………………………………

*** UPDATE ***
Those were old lines that were originally found!  Woohoo!!  There are newer ones that were accessible.  Replaced. 

Now the technician is searching for the splitter and access point inside the house to connect to all of the cable outlets.  Hmm.  Not in that wall … not in that one … oh HERE it is.  In the master closet ceiling.

Naturally.

Isn’t that where YOU would put it?!
(this guy is getting his workout today I tell ya …)

…………………………………………………

After 3 1/2 hours the technician finally made it through my laundry list of things to do here at the house:  internet, phone and TV.  Woohoo!!!!  We are connected!!!!!!

The TV connection seems almost odd – out of place – it’s been so long since we’ve used these things that I forget all of my options!

Thank you Mr. Comcast Technician (Michael) – you did a fantastic job!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, We are back from couple days at the kids cabin and very lazy tonight. Four wheeler yesterday in sunshine = sunburned nose !!!
    Decided this was a good time to catch up on all my bloggers and scrap booking sites while the laundry is going and John has National Geographic Station on the TV.
    So glad you are updated and connected! Is it easy to continue working from home? Are you having some "ME" time each day?
    Are you feeling more settled in? Did your house sell up here?

    It has been strange weather-as usual- SUPPOSE to be 70 tomorrow- not crossing my fingers! Guess that means I should be shopping for some flowers- not doing very many-in fact my only get a basket already put together!

    Hope all is well- miss ya,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)