Monday, January 14, 2013

Another Birthday and Flag Football

My little one had another birthday … funny how they keep growing even if I don’t feed them all the time … (just kidding). Jarrett is now 6 years old … and quite the monkey still!  He told me the other day that he climbs like a monkey because he used to eat so many bananas.

I’m sure that’s the reason … he’s a pretty smart cookie.

IMG_2043

Because his birthday was in the middle of the week, we had a family dinner and party rather than inviting all of our friends over.  (I reserve the right to take a rain check and possibly have a party at a later date … we’ll see.)

DSCN2983 (2)

Grandma, Grandpa, my dad and sister joined the boys and I.  It was a nice mellow evening.  And Jarrett received more toys.  Because we need more … apparently. Smile

This kid loves to celebrate – he got to wear a crown all day in school, so naturally he wore it at home in the evening as well.

DSCN2979

Happy Birthday Jarrett Smile

………………………………………………………

The past week saw something else new for us … well new for Payton … flag football!!  He has already had one game and really enjoys it.  The rules are slightly different than regular tackle football (naturally), but I think Payton is catching on just fine.

DSCN3017

The coaches on our team are the BEST!  All of the boys play well together and seem to be having a great time.  And THAT my friends is truly what it’s all about.

Here’s to the beginning of a great season of football!!!!!!!!
Yes, just as the NFL is coming to a close … perfect! Winking smile

p.s. I was attempting to load a video, but apparently posting a blog entry at 1 a.m. is unadvisable … I can’t figure it out … but I’ll try again another time

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)