Saturday, August 25, 2012

My 2nd Grader

DSCN2290

This year I have a child in second grade.  WOW!!  This makes me shake my head and wonder “where has the time gone?” and then I remember … “the days may be long, but the years are short”. 

It really was just a short time ago that I was changing this boys diaper – watching him pull himself up on the couch before learning to walk – helping him learn to get dressed all by himself.

Those days of slow but continuous practice are over, and now we are in the midst of him figuring out so  many things for himself.  This will last many years I am sure, and I am so proud of what he has learned and accomplished this far!  He loves to learn so that helps a great deal. Smile

Next week the baby in the family begins Kindergarten.  I will not be crying as I leave him in the classroom on the first day of school.  I may actually be jumping for joy!  But then I head to work, so the reality of this event will not sink in for a few days.  When it does, I may shed a few tears.

I gladly look forward to that time to grieve.  And I smile just thinking of how I will enjoy this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)