Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weather and Crazy Hair

Last night it started raining – sprinkling mostly – and of course it started before we went to baseball.  The game turned out fine – we didn’t get very wet – it only sprinkled a little bit.  Thank goodness!

After getting home and (finally) getting ready for bed, I heard it coming.  The noise of water – more rain.  REAL rain.  This is what I call “Valdez style” rain!

IMG_9653

The sound was SO loud!  The neighbor’s gutter was overflowing.  Rain was bouncing off the street.  It was pounding on the roof.  And it smelled so delicious!

There is something about rain that makes me smile and exhale.  It brings about a calm for me.  Not every time I see it of course, but I believe it takes me back to younger days.

My Grandma Ethel would open her kitchen door when it rained and let the fresh smell in her apartment.  I took naps in the kitchen on a day bed, and loved it.  I always slept good there.  (I was looking for a photo of that kitchen and I’m sure I have one somewhere … just can’t put my fingers on it right now.)

………………….

Crazy Hair Day in Jarrett’s class …

IMG_9658

I took Jarrett to school with his hair pulled up with wax in the form of a mohawk this morning … however they got a little more crazy at school today.  He had a great time with hairspray!!!

I guess the blue color was almost out, so he used his other favorite colors.  Let me tell you how much fun that was to wash out this evening!  Okay, maybe I’ll save that story for another day.

………………….

Since we have created a little more space in the office, we now have room to nap here – or read – or visit – or just sit together on the floor.

DSCN1668

We were doing all three things on Monday afternoon.  It was so nice to have a “down day” at home.  No big plans – nothing we had to do – time for just us – and room to enjoy ourselves.

Here’s to more sunshine and smiles this week!!!

dalon

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)