Monday, June 25, 2012

Payton lost another tooth!!!

There he goes again … making another milestone!  It has been a few months since his last tooth fell out.  Or should I say “since he pulled it out” …

IMG_9646 (2)

But it seems every time I turn around, this boy is doing something to surprise me … make me take note … remind me that he is growing every single moment.

Sometimes it scares me how fast this thing we know as childhood is passing us by.  We are living … we truly are living and experiencing the moments. 

But as I think back on the week – the month – the year – the past few years – it makes me shake my head to think about how fast the time has gone.

It really wasn’t so long ago that our family consisted of 4 people instead of just 3.  It really wasn’t that long ago that little man was born, and before that his big brother.  And before that, it wasn’t so long ago that we bought this house and before that Alan and I married.

And before that we played and were young and free!

1999.04.10

Time sure flies …

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DSCN1663

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a BEAUTIFUL day! I was blessed with many Facebook messages and texts and phone calls from friends.  We were outside most of the day and had dinner with friends.

I am blessed to be able to say that I can count on more than one hand – more than two hands! – all of the real good friends in my life.  Life is amazing.  I am thankful.

Each year that I get older I am reminded that my birthday is a special and fun day, BUT the entire week before and after are also pretty darn fun and amazing.

I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This little visitor has been hanging out in our back yard:

IMG_9640

We left him a carrot this evening, but he seems to prefer the clover.  It’s a good thing because we have a LOT of clover that he (or she) is more than welcome to eat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you had the creative bug you lately?  While I have been hit and bit and scratched and clawed at by said bug, I have not followed through on these messages UNTIL this evening when I slammed some pages into Payton’s activity binder.  He went to camp a couple weeks ago, and thankfully I remembered to take some photos.

DSCN1422

Documenting life … writing down our stories so we remember as much as we can … this I truly enjoy. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you’re enjoying the summer!!!

siggy (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)