Wednesday, February 1, 2012

all shapes and sizes

it has been said before (a time or two … or three …) that we learn something new every day … or maybe it has been said that we “should” learn something new every day … I can’t remember …

anyway …

2012 one little word

my one little word for this year is learn so as I write this post it occurred to me that I haven’t stopped to think about what it is that I have learned in the past few days … and who even cares about the past few days now, I’m thinking of today?!  what have I learned today???

maybe what I learned today is not something new, but a friendly and gentle reminder of things I already know …

I learned that:
love really and truly is stronger
than almost anything else
in life
…………
people honestly
make mistakes
without trying to be mean
…………
most people don’t go
out of their way
to hurt others
…………
others are focused
on their own lives
and not how they
are affecting yours
…………
my kids love me
unconditionally
despite the fact that
I make errors in
the parenting department
every.single.day
…………
I am unbelievably blessed

……………………………………………………

I shared the video below on Facebook earlier, but can’t help sharing here as well. 

Stacy Julian, author of The Big Picture and Photo Freedom as well as “former editor of Simple Scrapbooks magazine (now laid to rest) and founder of online education at Big Picture Classes, does such a fantastic job explaining why scrapbooking is not exactly why you might think … scrapbooks come in all shapes and sizes!  And you can do this!!!

Take a look at this video – see how easy and fun this is and what a great tool you are creating for your kids.  Yes, you read that correctly … I wrote the word “tool” … this could be just what you need to get your family communicating better or more … sharing memories is healthy … give the video a look and see:

See what I mean?????  Pretty Neat Stuff Winking smile

……………………………………………………

It’s 10:00 and the kids are asleep, it’s quiet in the house, and I’m sitting down to catch up on some work.  Before I do the stuff I “should” be doing, I’m going to play with a few photos and prepare for my next craft project.  I have to incorporate the fun whenever I can – especially when the house is quiet.

Shh!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)