Saturday, January 7, 2012

it’s all good.

Yes it is.
This from my lovely friend Tara is a great reminder for me … this mug is SUPERsize … holds just under 1 quart of coffee … a full 28 oz of java fits into this gem … perfect!

IMG_0030

………………………………………….

A fresh start to a new year causes me to entertain the thought of Project 365 one more time. In 2009 I tried very hard to take at least one photo each day to document our lives. I accomplished this … almost … I succeeded about 90% of the year … which is pretty good when you consider I took photos at least 320 days during 2009.

Why would anyone do this?

Simple … take a look at this post on Photojojo from a few years back to understand my reasons:

Project 365

The main thing I am thankful for when looking back at Project 365 in 2009 for me is that I documented the entire year before Alan passed. I took photos of our ordinary lives … not just events, but simple experiences. We don’t always remember how the piles of dirty laundry or dirty dishes looked … or how little the boys feet or hands were compared to the adults in their lives. We remember the big things mostly … some of the small things, but not always all the details.

It was my attempt to document some of the details.

IMG_0022_thumb[10]

And it’s my attempt to do that again for us in 2012.

………………………………………….

One Little Word

I chose a new word for 2012 … my “one little word” as Ali would say … that word is:

olw_thumb[2]

According to the Webster’s definition I found on line, this means “to gain knowledge or understanding of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience”.

If you’re not familiar with “one little word”, but would like to learn more, check out the class here:

One Little Word – by Ali Edwards

I have not taken the class, but I do follow Ali’s blog. (That sounds a little like “no, I’m not a doctor, but I play one on TV” or “I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night” doesn’t it???)

I enjoyed choosing a word for last year and thinking about it rather than beating myself up over a list of resolutions I didn’t follow or maintain. It’s just easier for me right now.

………………………………………….

Now that’s it’s mid afternoon on a Saturday, I think I’ll make my kids some lunch … they might be getting hungry. Smile

IMG_9200_thumb[19]

IMG_9201_thumb[15]

Enjoy your weekend!!
siggy (2)_thumb[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)