Sunday, October 30, 2011

SNOW!!!!!!!!!

We have beautiful SNOW in Anchor Town this morning!
I could tell it was lighter outside when I woke up around 7 a.m. – the light coming in through the top window of my bedroom told me there was something different.  I went to get my camera and tried not to wake the boys.  This is the best shot I could get first thing in the morning without any coffee running through my veins:

IMG_9015

After I took this shot, I went to get Payton out of bed.  He is SO excited!  Much more than I am … I’m not ready for the change in weather … and it hit me this morning that I’m also sad …

This is a reminder that there is another season that Alan is missing.  The first snow also brings the reminder of the holidays ahead.  Each season is wonderful and new and fun … but also difficult.

…………………………………………….

Quite a bit has happened since my last post.  A birthday, colder temperatures, and more home improvements just to start.

I have taken a few photos, but I missed a wonderful opportunity on Monday, October 17th when everything inside the house was taped off.  I brought the boys home from school and we could barely get in the house!  The guys were ready to paint (and paint everything – walls and ceilings), so we left, but not before I had dad cut me a hole to get in Payton’s room so I could grab his basketball gear for practice.  That would have been a great shot!  I was in too much of a hurry … darnit.

Here are a few photos taken just a couple days before the tape off and huge spray day:

IMG_8938

IMG_8939

This is after paint and I’m starting to put things back together:

IMG_8994

I am so happy with all the work that’s been done!!  Dad is working on lots of little things right now, and I’m not ready to put stuff back up on the walls just yet … not sure what I want to put back up or where, so it can wait.  I think right now this is a perpetual project.  Who knows if there is an end date!!
Who me?

There is wonderful attention to detail around here – go figure!

IMG_9002 IMG_8999

Dad’s hard at work … remembering how “un-straight” and out of alignment and simply out of whack my home is … everywhere!

IMG_9000

…………………………………………….

IMG_8997 Enjoy the holiday!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)