Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Few Things

A few things have happened around our household in the past few weeks since I last posted.  The best thing recently is that I finally sold our boat! 

Unfortunately. 

Okay, so it's good AND bad.  The boat was the one toy - THE one toy - that I really wanted out of all the toys we had ... snow machines, 4-wheelers, bikes, you name it. 

I love the ocean.  No question.  Grew up on and around the water, and feel a need to be close to it.

I am not qualified, however, nor do I possess the urge to get qualified any time soon, to operate the amazing boat we had.  You may have read other posts when I was trying to sell it.  The boat was wonderful.  A river runner jet boat.  Could turn on a dime.  Had amazing horse-power.  Sounded just like a Harley!  But it needed a new home ...

And this weekend it found one.
A nice young man drove here all the way from Whitehorse to get this boat.  He will treat it well and get good use out of her I'm sure.  That makes me happy.  I did cry when we last said goodbye.



Payton shakes hand with the new owner of the Harley D.









...............................................................

Jarrett has started preschool again since my last post.  He's going to a new school this year, so I wondered how he would like it ... but no need for my worry.  He enjoys himself every day - despite the fact that some mornings he whines about not wanting to go.  Every time I pick him up, he is happy to see me AND he has wonderful things to say about his day.  We both love his new school.
...............................................................

Today is another anniversary of Alan being gone.  It marks 19 months.  And today I finally received a telephone call that I've waited months for ... a call letting me know that the marker for Alan finally arrived.  It may take a few weeks before it's installed, but I breathed a sigh of relief at this news.

When I'm home (Valdez), I go to the cemetary to "see" people that I've lost and it's a positive thing ... my grandmother ... my godmother ... other friends ... and I learn about people from Old Town.  I think of all the good times I had with the people that were a part of my life and how wonderful it was that I was blessed to know them.

For some reason I'm unable to go to the cemetary to "see" Alan.  Instead I go to the bench on the park strip.  The only thing I think about when I go to the cemetary is the loss I feel.  It makes me sad ... and it makes me angry that he's gone.  The question of "why" will never go away.

Ever.

I hope that my boys will grow up feeling different.  I want them to not only be proud that they are the children of Alan Gage, but to feel good about going to the place where he now rests.

Time will tell.
...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)