Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Changes are a’comin!!!

Used to be that I looked at my blog every day … sometimes a couple times a day!  I changed the layout or the background … shared something new that I learned or saw … it’s no secret … I’ve been away … maybe out of it is a better description … ha!

I do miss sharing on this blog, so I hope to communicate through this site a little better about what’s going on in our world.

………………………………………….

Right now – big changes!!  I’m having a little work done on the inside of the house.  We got a new roof this summer and the gutters were recently installed after having some of the siding fixed … oh the joys of homeownership!  All the changes have been necessary, but were not planned … so now we’re giving some love to the inside, and THAT makes me so happy!!  These are the things I’ve been planning on doing all year … just had a few delays. Winking smile

A little paint here, some new lighting there, and even different trim.  It’s just time.  Here are a few photos of the project so far:

Our kitchen last week …

IMG_8853

Our kitchen on Monday September 26th …

IMG_8861

 

IMG_8862

IMG_8863

This is just the start!
I’m excited to see what things look like tomorrow. Smile
(Yes, breakfast and lunch-making this morning proved to be interesting … but ALL totally worth it … I know the end result is gonna rock!!)

………………………………………….

Other new things …

Today the boys wore winter coats to school … yes, it’s true.  Why?  Well … it’s around freezing at night now here in Anchor Town.  In the morning when we’re leaving for school, it’s hovering around 40 degrees.  Thank goodness for the sunny days we’ve had lately.  It makes things a little warmer.

Payton started basketball yesterday – woohoo!  He’ll have a few practices before any games, but this year he moves up one level higher due to his age … he will have “real” practices where they do drills and run lines … yes, you saw that right … they “run lines”!  I love it!!!  That boy loves to run, and this mom loves that it’s gonna tire him out.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

………………………………………….

Despite Jarrett’s attempts at getting me to take him out of school (it’s “baby stuff” and it’s “stupid” according to him), I still leave him there a few days each week.  And you know what?  Funny thing … I think he really does enjoy it.  (I know I do!!)  He loves the singing and playing and crafting and reading … he enjoys his friends there and he really likes the teachers. 

He would just rather be home playing video games … which is only allowed 3 days a week in our house with limited playing time and many breaks.  There’s just nothing like “jammie days” I suppose …

………………………………………….

To end on a positive note, I’ll share something with you that I found on Facebook.  Although I don’t remember how I stumbled across this, I try to look at their profile often … check out Pure Inspiration on Facebook when you get the chance.

joy

May your day be filled with JOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It must be time to check blogs and play on the computer again now that summer is over! I've been doing more of it evenings.
    Wahoo-a kitchen make over-lucky you-keep thinking that during the remodel stages! It will be worth it in the end!
    Keep blogging when you get the chance-

    ReplyDelete

we love your comments!! thanks for taking the time to reach out :-)